Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Be Where You Wasn't

Last night after Rum and Ethiopian food, the old man and I went to see Alela (pronounced A-Lee-Lah) Diane. I've been on a woman singer kick ever since we went on the road last month. I'm not sure what it is, but I find myself waking up already singing her songs as though I were singin' them in my dreams or something. Her show last night was incredibly beautiful even though I couldn't see because I was standing behind tall people. (Hey, at least I didn't get hair in my mouth. I always get somebody's yak hair in my mouth at shows).

She says she's from Nevada City, California, but now lives in Portland. Usually her father plays with her, but his Grateful Dead cover band was already booked last night. I'd link to Alela Diane's website, but it's in disrepair, so I leave you with just this.


1 comment:

Ana Božičević said...

so beaut, thanks for this!